2 Timothy 4:22
No one else can give you what only God can give you.
When you’re “running the race:”
You’re never alone; the Lord is with you.
You’re never too weak; the Lord will strengthen you.
There’s no need to fear; the Lord will deliver you.
There’s plenty of help; God’s grace is with you.
When God’s grace is with you, it’s His:
loving kindness upon your life
generous forgiveness when you sin
sustaining, sovereign work in your life
enabling power helping you live
You can finish strong because God is always with you.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Your Life
- Name 3 people from history you’d want to be with on a deserted island. Name 3 you wouldn’t want to be with. Why is it that “who you’re with” changes your perspective about your situation?
- Describe a time when you were feeling alone, and then realized the Lord’s presence with you. How did his presence change everything about your situation?
- Review the four truths under point 1 (when you’re ‘running the race’). Now think about the season you are in in your life these days. Which is of those four truths is the most helpful to you right now? Consider writing it down and putting it in a place where you can regularly see it.
- The name Immanuel means “God with us.” Do you believe God is with you (present) right now? Explain your answer.
- Review the four characteristics of grace under point 2. Which of these is the most meaningful to you? Why?
- What is one of the greatest challenges you are currently facing? How would the reality of God’s presence change your outlook on that situation?
- As another way of applying the sermon, try this exercise: every day this week ask God to help you find another person to whom you can then say these words: “The Lord be with you” either in parting or in a prayer for them. Do it for one week and see what happens!!
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God