“Where Hope is Found”
2 Timothy 1:2
Unstoppable hope comes from:
1. Living out of the grace of God
- Receiving grace from God
- Giving grace to others
- Learning to breathe God’s grace
2. Being wrecked by the mercy of God
- Realizing the heinousness of our sin
- Grasping the magnitude of God’s love
3. Walking in the peace of God
- Peace is obtained through Christ’s death on the cross
- Peace is maintained through prayer and surrender
Grace, mercy and peace become ours at the cross.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Truth to Our Life
- Do you have any letters or cards that you have kept and that you pull out and read from time to time? If so, why?
- Read 2 Cor. 6:1. What are some ways we “receive the grace of God in vain”?
- What is the difference between “being saved by grace” and “living out of the grace of God”?
- Why do some people say that “the longer they walk with God the more aware they are of their sin”?
- Have you found that to be true in your life? Why or why not?
- What hinders you from taking your sin seriously?
- Why are people willing to say “I’m sorry,” but more hesitant to say “will you forgive me”?
- How do you stay connected to the life-giving grace of God?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer