“When Your Peace is Endangered”
- Your peace will be tested.
Sorrow will threaten your peace.
The pain and grief will be real.
Your hurt will feel overwhelming.
- Your sorrow will change you.
Your sorrow can become joy.
As we surrender our hurts to God, He will lead us to healing and joy.
Think of your pain as birthing something new.
- Your life will be transformed.
Joy has the power to make you forget your pain.
Unspeakable pain and grief can birth unshakable peace and joy.
At the deepest point of our grief, we find the grace of God.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Think back to all of the significant “goodbyes” where you or someone you really loved was leaving and you weren’t sure when or if you would ever see them again. What was the most difficult one?
- As a society, we don’t deal with death and loss very well. Why do you suppose that is?
- In the sermon, we said that “sorrow will change you.” What are some good and bad ways that people change because of sorrow, grief and pain?
- Read v. 21. If you are a woman who has given birth to a baby, would you be willing to describe to the group how the pain of labor and childbirth was transformed into joy?
- Is there a hurt, loss or sorrow in your life right now that you are dealing with? How does remembering these two points (“Think of your pain as birthing something new” and “As we surrender our hurts to God, He will lead us to healing and joy”) help you?
- Close your group time by praying for each other, that God would bring help and healing to each other.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Living Surrendered