When Jesus Challenges You
1. Brace yourself for some truth
“Listen to Me”
2. Be prepared to catch the full extent of what it means to become like Jesus
“Die like Me”
3. Get ready to go back to the beginning and start again
4. Stop comparing! There is only One opinion that matters.
“Eyes on me”
5. Your true identity is revealed.
“Testify of me”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Opening prayer time – begin with a few minutes of silence for each person to listen to God and invite Him into this moment, then open in prayer.
- Share a time in your life when someone gave you truth that you did not want to hear. How did it affect you? What changed after that day?
- What is the value of having to start over? How do you feel when you have had to go back to the beginning and learn again what you once knew? Share that experience with others.
- We all face the fear of the unknown at some point in our lives. Share that moment from your life with the group. Stop and pray for anyone who is facing a fear right now.
- Comparisons – how has this temptation overtaken you in life? How has it still plagued you or how have you overcome it?
- Read Jesus’ words to the church in Ephesus in Revelation 2. This was a place that John was a pastor! How does Jesus show us the value of starting again – what should we do when we turn away from where we started?!
- Read 1 Peter 2:9-12 aloud. How does Peter describe the way we can give testimony and glory to God in this world?
- Close your time praying for one another
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Living Surrendered