When Jesus Calls Your Name
our times of grief we often can’t see what God is doing so Mary teaches us to stay close to where Jesus was in hopes of an answer.
Jesus will often send his messengers to draw out the why of our pain, suffering, confusion, anger.
Jesus takes us beyond the why to the who
- the source of life we are looking for
- the person in control of the plan
Jesus calls you by name
Jesus says, let go, so I can go to the Father and you can go to the brothers
We are family and we share the same Father and God with Jesus!
1 John 1:3 – “We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to our Life
- Edith Bunker was a character who saw the best in her husband, Archie. She loved him unconditionally and she was written to display a love like Jesus. Who, in your life, loved you like Jesus? Tell the story of that person to your group.
- Mary of Magdala stayed by the tomb when others went home. How did Jesus reward the desires of her heart? How did her desires, though, differ from Jesus’ plans for her?
- Describe a time in your life when you realized that your plans differed from what Jesus revealed He wanted for you. How did that revelation come – through people, through His Word, in prayer?
- In Psalm 22:2 King David wrote, “My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest.” Take a minute to reflect on a time you felt the same.
- Read the surrounding verses in this Psalm 22. Who else quoted this Psalm and why?
- Mary wanted to hold on to Jesus and never let go! Jesus knew that His ascension would bring the Holy Spirit, which would bless Mary and the disciples beyond belief. How has God’s Spirit been a blessing in your life with Christ?
- Jesus wants us to let GO so we can GO! What do you need to let get of so you can be freed up to go and tell the good news about Jesus to others?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristics: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer and Spirit-led Servant/Loving God/Living Surrendered