“When Jesus Blesses You”
1. Jesus helps you in your struggle to believe.
Believing is a process.
We provide acceptance, teaching and space.
2. Jesus challenges you when you refuse to believe.
Doubt can be healthy; unbelief is dangerous.
Believing is a choice.
3. Jesus blesses you when you choose to believe.
The most important thing to believe is the truth about who Jesus is.
He is the Messiah, the Son of God.
He is my Lord and my God!
He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life
Believing is a lifestyle.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Read John 20:24-31. This is a loaded passage. What stands out to you the most?
- What is it you find yourself most “struggling to believe” these days?
- How has struggling with what you believe helped you learn and grow and see the truth?
- Tell your LifeGroup of a time when your faith was challenged by coming face to face with the truth.
- Discuss among your group the phrase “Doubt can be healthy; unbelief is dangerous.” What is the difference between doubt and unbelief? Can doubt become unbelief?
- Look at the 3 statements of belief about Jesus under point 3. If you had to choose one as the most important, which would it be? Why?
- Read John 20:28. Have you come to the place in your life where you recognize Jesus as “my Lord and my God”? What does that mean?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God