“What Jesus cares the most about”
1. Jesus Cares deeply about discipleship
a. First Reaching new Believers
b. Caring to nurture relationship
c. Responding as the Holy Spirit has equipped
2. Jesus Cares the Most about Glorifying the Father
a. Jesus’ final words reflect his motivations
b. Jesus deserves attention for his ministry!…
c. …But instead Jesus illuminates God the Father
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Think about holding a newborn baby? What was that like either as a parent, sibling, or visitor? Was there a sense of responsibility? Have you led someone to Christ? Was there a sense of responsibility?
- Spend a few minutes discussing how you see new-believers in relation to the need of guidance to avoid the trappings of the world. Are there experiences you have witnessed personally?
- In what ways, or at what times, have you realized that you were prepared for a task or effort, after maybe thinking that you weren’t? This could be in any part of life, work, school, a test, etc.
- Where have you been involved in short or long term discipleship (other adults, your kids, friends)? What did that look like for you? How did it/has it affected you? How has it affected who you were discipling?
- How can you illuminate God the Father in your Daily life? In your Ministerial life (if different)?
- Do you think others would view “Christians” differently if we focused on glorifying God first? What would that look like?
- Brainstorm ways you may get involved applying your talents and skills, either as individuals or a group, in the areas of missions, discipleship, or evangelism. It may be helpful to hear how others see your skill areas. If you have questions, write them down and send them to email@example.com
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People