Home for Christmas
John 14:6, John 18:37
What is truth?
God’s written word
God’s incarnate word
Jesus didn’t dialogue about truth
Jesus declared the truth
The truth is:
God is with us
God wants a relationship with us
Because he loves us
Because he wants us to live
We get that relationship through following Jesus
Followers listen to the truth
Followers testify to the truth
The truth sets people free
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Did you snoop for your Christmas presents as a kid? If yes, what was the best present you ever found?
- Did you know the Old Testament was about Jesus? Where are some places you can see shadows of his coming?
- Do you believe the Bible is 100% true, mostly true or not true. Explain your answer.
- Jesus said “everyone on the side of truth listens to me”. What does that mean? What has Jesus said to you today?
- How has the truth of Jesus changed your life? Share a story (testify) to a promise he has been faithful to keep.
- How will you tell the TRUTH of Jesus to your family and friends this Christmas season? What is Jesus telling you to do?
Core CHRISTlike characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Spirit-led Servant.