“Transformed through Worship”
1. Jesus is fiercely passionate about…
exploiting the poor
2. God-honoring worship happens…
when we are focusing on God.
Who He is, what He’s done, what He’s doing.
when we are engaging with God. Celebrative, thoughtful, passionate
when we are surrendering to God.
Our hearts, lives, and resources.
God-honoring worship will transform you.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. When was the last time you frantically cleaned your house or car due to someone who was about to visit?
2. Read John 2:15-16 slowly as a group. Jesus MADE a whip and used it. What is happening here? How does the Jesus in these 2 verses line up with the Jesus you have been taught about for years?
3. Read Mal. 3:1-4, Is. 56:1-8, and Jer. 7:1-11. What themes from these verses do you think were going through Jesus’ mind when he walked into the temple?
4. Describe a time you felt close to God in worship whether in or outside of church.
5. Pastor taught us 3 aspects of God-honoring worship: focus, engagement and surrender. Are all 3 of these necessary? Why or why not?
6. What are things that happen in church that obstruct worship? What could we do about it?
7. How has God transformed you through worship?Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Heart of Worship/Loving God