“Transformed by the Spirit”
1. Good, religious people can be spiritually blind.
2. Spiritual birth opens up spiritual truth.
3. Spiritual birth starts spiritual transformation.
Spirit’s part: reveal sin and convict
Your part: repent and believe
Spirit’s part: cleansing and rebirth
4. Spiritual transformation is the process of becoming like Christ.
Spirit’s part: sanctifying and transforming
Your part: learn to breathe
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to your Life
1. Is there a conversation you remember that started one way and suddenly turned in such a way that it literally changed your life?
2. Read v. 3. How do you tell the difference between a good person and a spiritually reborn person?
3. Why does Nicodemus have such a hard time with Jesus’s statement about needing to be born again?
4. When do you carve out time to allow the Holy Spirit to reveal sin in your life? How could you create time this week to talk to and listen to the Holy Spirit?
5. Of all the Spirit’s roles in points #3 and #4 which one do you try to do for yourself or for others? What areas do you need to stop acting like the Holy Spirit and do your job to repent, believe, and breathe (receiving the Holy Spirit)?
6. Why do so many Christians stop growing? Are you content with how Christlike you are? What are the next steps you need to take?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God