“Transformed by Jesus”
1. Jesus transforms all of life.
Water into wine
Panic into joy
Worst into best
Serving ourselves into serving others
2. Jesus transforms relationships.
3. Jesus transforms disciples.
Secret of transformation: “do whatever he tells you.”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What is something funny or embarrassing you’ve seen happen at a wedding?
2. Is there any significance to Jesus performing his first miracle at a wedding?
3. What do you think was Jesus’ motivation in doing this miracle?
4. In what ways has Jesus taken a potential disaster in your life and turned it into something miraculous or beautiful?
5. Read John 2:6. Why does the author tell us how much each jar held? What might this tell us about Jesus and his love? (**Do the math…how many gallons of wine did Jesus make?)
6. The servants took water out of jars that would’ve been unfit to drink from and gave it to their master as Jesus instructed. What does this say about them? What can we learn from their example?
7. Look at v. 5:“do whatever he tells you.”Take a minute- what has run dry in your life? Joy? Peace? Forgiveness? Contentment? Go around and honestly discuss what Jesus might be asking you to do, as his SERVANT, to bring these back into your life.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People