“The Search for Significance”
God has lovingly and purposefully shaped us to serve for His glory.
Serving according to our SHAPE allows us to use our:
Spiritual Gifts… to serve competently.
Heart/Passion… to serve enthusiastically.
Abilities… to maximize our strengths.
Personality… to be free to be ourselves.
Experiences in Life… to see God use and redeem our past.
God sovereignly uses everything in our life to shape us; He never wastes anything we go through.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Go around the room and share an ability you have that you’re pretty sure no one else (except perhaps your spouse) knows about.
- There’s a famous saying in engineering and architecture: “form follows function.” What does this mean? Would this also be true in ministry as it relates to our study of our SHAPE? Give examples.
- What issues, topics or people group do you find yourself feeling very passionate about? (e.g. homelessness, poverty, education, kids, discrimination, politics, families, marriages, business, sports, incarceration, abortion, non-Christians, sex trafficking, addiction recovery, orphans, etc.) Share with the group and together talk about how this might indicate the “H” of your SHAPE. This will help direct where you can best use your spiritual gifts.
- How have you seen God redeem your past (or someone else’s) in shaping you for ministry and serving others?
- If we don’t fulfill the ministry that God has given us, how does this affect the rest of the Christian family (the church)?
- If you haven’t already, go to www.opendoor.tv/servantprofile/ and take the time to take the assessments and fill out the forms. If you have, share with your group what you’ve discovered.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered