“The Glory Gap”
Luke 2:8-14; Matt. 5:14-16
Don’t ask what God’s glory means.
Ask how God’s glory can be seen.
God’s love comes to us
So his glory can flow through us.
Light belongs on a stand
We exist to glorify God.
The glory of God is man fully alive.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- What is something you have experienced or seen in your life that revealed the Glory of God?
- Read John 8:12 then Matt. 5:14. If Jesus is the light of the world why did he say “YOU are the light of the world” to his followers? Can both be true?
- When and where in your life are you tempted to put a basket over your light?
- How have you boldly put Jesus (the light) on display in your life for all to see?
- In what way has your bold display of Jesus prompted, provoked or moved people to give glory to God?
- As a group, spend time revealing how you have seen the light of Jesus in each other’s lives.
- End in prayer asking God to use each of you specifically to be THE light in a dark place.
Core Christ-like Characteristic(s):
Heart of Worship/Loving God, Relates with Other Centered Love/Loving People