“The Gift of Mothering”
2 Timothy 1:3-5
1. God has gifted mothers to be homemakers.
- Never confuse being a homemaker with being a housekeepers.
- A homemaker is one who creates an environment in the home where each person feels loved, safe, valued, and free to be themselves.
2. God has gifted mothers to be faithmakers.
What is a “sincere faith”?
- A faith that’s real
A faith that is real is a faith that will endure.
- A faith that trusts
The home can be a great place to learn how to trust God.
- A faith that loves
“The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.”
3. God has gifted mothers to be disciplemakers.
- Talk about Jesus
- Talk about the Scriptures
- Talk about your faith
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Every mother excels at different things. Of all the things your mother did well, what did she do best?
- Read the definition in the sermon for homemaker. What do you think about it? Is there one quality that could be left out? Is there anything you would add?
- Someone has said “moms are the most influential people in society.” Do you agree or disagree?
- Acts 16:1-2 implies that Timothy’s dad had not yet come to Christ. How can a Christian mother with an unbelieving husband teach her kids to follow Jesus and respect their dad and not the other way around?
- Read 2 Timothy 3:16-17 and Deuteronomy 6:4-7. How do you or can you talk about the Scriptures in your home to fulfill the mission God has given mothers (and fathers)?
- Being a mom is an honor; God is the one who allows women the privilege of being a mom. Whether you are a mom, or are one who has a mom but no children of your own, take time to pray for each woman in your group and their unique design, knowing each is created and uniquely loved by God.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People