“The Fragrance of Serving”
1. A Servolution starts with simple acts of serving.
• Living a lifestyle of serving.
• Finding your place to serve.
2. A Servolution spreads when people serve out of love.
• Serving in love comes from understanding how much you’re loved.
• Serving in love spreads the aroma of Christ.
• Serving in love is an act of honoring.
o It honors the person you’re serving
o It honors God
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Read Matthew 26:6-13 which describes the same story as John 12. Put yourself in the story as one of Jesus’ disciples. How do you honestly think you would have reacted when Mary poured out that expensive perfume? Why?
- Both John 12:5 and Mark 14:5 say that the perfume was worth a year’s wages. If you could take your yearly salary and use it entirely for Christ, what would you do?
- Read Romans 12:10-11. What does this verse say is the motivation behind serving? Why is having the right motivation so important in serving? What can happen when our motivation gets twisted?
- Read Romans 12:11 in the NLT. Why are so many Christians “lazy” about serving the Lord?
- What kinds of problems can develop when people think that they’re serving the Lord, but are actually serving themselves?
- Who are two people you could serve over the next couple of weeks, intentionally blessing them in simple ways as you serve them (take them coffee, do their chores, etc.)?
- As a LifeGroup include in your prayers asking God to give you eyes to see simple ways that you can serve at home, at work, in the community and in your LifeGroup.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered