“The First Word”
Jesus is the Word, who:
has always been…communicating.
Listen to Him.
has always been…relating.
Learn from Him.
has always been…God.
Worship Him. Surrender your life to Him.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What is your favorite literary or movie prequel?
2. When you are introducing someone, what are the kinds of things you think are important to include?
3. John shapes the way he introduces Jesus based upon the people he is writing to. Think about the different kinds of people you know and hang out with. How might you adjust the way you introduce Jesus to them based on what you know about them?
4. What has Jesus been communicating to you that you have a hard time either: a. accepting; b. believing; or c. obeying?
5. What are your favorite ways to listen to God? How is it working? As the group shares, maybe there are other ways to listen to God you could learn from them.
6. When you watch the way Jesus relates to the Father and other people, what about how he relates do you most want to emulate?
7. How do you practice living surrendered to God? What does it look like in your life?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Heart of Worship/Loving God