The Basis for our Joy in Christ
The basis for our Joy in Christ
- is not due to this world
- Not due to our inherent faithfulness
- is tied to our connection to the Father.
What do I do if I am Joyless?
1: Confess sin
2: Make use of the means of Grace:
- The Word
- The daily occupation of the heart with Christ
- Dwelling constantly on the future that awaits us.
- Proclaiming to others the riches of knowing Christ.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- What is the major stealer of your joy? (Complaining, Procrastination, Gossip, Approval Seeking, Not keeping your word, Negative self talk, Attachment to circumstances, Living in the past, Fear of the future, Prayerlessness)
- Where have you seen God show up in His faithfulness where you weren’t faithful?
- What emotions do you have when you think of vs. 11,12,15 and the words guard, protect, and keep? What is God guarding and protecting you from?
- What brings you the most joy?
- How is your connection to the Father? Is it bringing real joy?
- Pray for one another that we would experience real joy, not just temporary circumstantial happiness.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word & Prayer/Loving God