20/20 Vision: Improving Our Ability to See and Reach the Lost
Life works much better when we have clear vision.
1. Seeing with 20/20 Vision
See the lost people all around us
See the urgency reaching them now
2. Seeing the 20/20 Vision
Reach new people for Christ
Remove our debt
Renovate existing campuses
3. Starting the 20/20 Vision Journey
Journey Prayer: “Lord, do whatever You want in me so You can do whatever You want through me.”
Vision Prayer: “Lord, who do You want me to reach and how much do You want me to give to the 20/20 Vision?”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. When was the last time you had a vision test? Are you near-sighted or farsighted or neither?
2. Tell your group of a time when you “saw” something but didn’t really see it.
3. Read John 4:4-15, 27-35. The disciples walked right past the Samaritan woman, while Jesus noticed her and talked with her. Where are the potential areas and times in your life where you might be walking right past people and not even noticing them?
4. Have you ever been a part of harvesting a crop (on a farm or a big garden) where the necessity to bring the harvest in was urgent? Why was the urgency so high?
5. On a scale of 1 (low) to 10 (high), how would you rate your urgency to see people come to Christ? For most of us, the # is quite low; why do you think that is? How could you raise it?
6. Do you see how every part of the 20/20 Vision is about reaching more people for Christ? In addition to our efforts church-wide, is there a specific person God has put on your heart who needs to be reached for Christ? Pray for them as a group.
7. Prayer has been and will continue to be an essential part of the 20/20 Vision. In addition to praying for specific people to come to Christ, pray as a group that our church will be unified around the 20/20 Vision and that each person will take the “journey” Pastor Jim described.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People