20/20 Vision: Improving Our Ability to See and Reach the Lost
2 Cor. 8:1-9 & Luke 18:28-33
1. What does it look like to sacrifice?
Sacrificing is giving up something you value for something else more important.
Sacrificial giving is:
a. Giving like Christ gave.
b. Giving with rich generosity.
c. Giving beyond your ability.
d. Giving empowered by God’s grace.
2. Is it worth it to make this sacrifice?
It’s worth it when you see the:
a. Significance of the vision.
Reaching people for Christ
Completely removing our debt
b. Result of the vision.
People getting saved!
Disciples growing in faith!
c. Giver of the vision.
Jesus. “You are worth it all!”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. What are some of the hardest sacrifices you’ve had to make in your life?
2. Read Luke 18:18-30 out loud. Jesus asked this young ruler to sell all he had, give to the poor and follow him. Why? Would this save him?
3. The word ‘follow’ keeps coming up in our teaching (Matt. 16:24, Luke 18:28). How has following Jesus resulted in sacrifice in your life?
4. Read Matt. 19:27. Have you ever asked the same question Peter did…’what’s in this for me?’ How has Jesus’ response (Matt. 19:28-30) proved true in your acts of sacrifice?
5. What are some of the benefits of giving up something you value for the sake of something you believe in?
6. What type of sacrifices are you willing to make to see the 20/20 Vision of reaching people for Christ succeed?
7. As you have been praying about your commitment to the 20/20 Vision, what has God been saying to you?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered