20/20 Vision: Improving Our Ability to See and Reach the Lost
“Seeing and Reaching”
Jesus wants us to:
See the lost people who need to be reached
See the urgency of reaching them now
Jesus calls us to:
Seeing and reaching the lost
Sowing and reaping the harvest
Jesus invites us into:
The joy of reaching people
The journey of trusting God
“Lord, do whatever You want in me, so You can do whatever You want through me.”
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever been in a life-threatening situation where you had to react with an extreme sense of urgency? Tell us about it.
- From the context of John 4 why might it be hard for Jesus’ disciples to believe there is a “ripe harvest” of believers where this story is taking place? How (or where) do you sometimes respond similarly?
- Jesus states that the fields are “ripe for harvest” implying that someone has already sown the seeds of the gospel for us. How might this be true in Lorain or your own neighborhood? How should this truth increase our boldness?
- Reflect and then share your story about who or what was used to sow the seed of the gospel in your life so you were ready when someone came to ‘harvest.’
- Jesus dismisses the prejudice and hate that the Jews of his day had for the Samaritans in this chapter. Is there an individual or group of people God has been asking you to remove your prejudice from and reach out to in love?
- What are some of your initial reactions to the 20/20 Vision up to this point? What excites you? What, if anything, might cause you to doubt or be fearful?
- What is something God may be asking you to do to help reach people in Lorain (or your own town) even before our next campus is launched? Get creative! Pray that God will give you the courage to see it through.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People