Organic: Cultivating Spiritual Growth
“Remaining in the Love of Jesus”
God is working in your life to help you flourish.
1. We show we’re disciples of Jesus by the fruit we bear.
Jesus wants you to experience His joy!
2. We experience the joy of Jesus as we remain in His love.
We remain in the love of Jesus as we live rooted in Him.
Root your identity in His love. (“I am loved.”)
Root your security in His love. (“I am His.”)
We remain in the love of Jesus as we obey Him.
Obedience deepens love
Obedience opens insight
Obedience brings joy
3. We obey Jesus as we love like Jesus.
Love that reaches out
Love that accepts and welcomes
Love that never gives up
Love that sacrifices
When we love like Jesus people are drawn to Jesus.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. If you could only have one of the nine fruits of the Spirit, which one would you most want and why?
- Two weeks ago, at the end of the sermon, many of us prayed something like this: “Lord, have your way; prune anything in my life that you want in order that I may bear more fruit for you.” If you prayed that or a similar prayer, it’s been two weeks now. Do you see God pruning? How has it been going?
- Read v. 9. Talk about what Jesus meant by the phrase “As the Father has loved me…” How has the Father loved Jesus?
- Read v. 9 again. What are some practical, daily things you can do to help yourself “remain in the love of Jesus”?
- What are some of the more popular things people “root their identity and/or security” in? What are you tempted to root your identity and/or security in other than the love of Jesus? (Try not to give a superficial answer. This could be an extremely helpful and powerful moment. In fact, LifeGroup leaders, pause and ask the Holy Spirit to give revelation and insight into each person’s life for help with this answer.)
- How have you found “remaining in the love of Jesus” helps you love people well?
- Who are you inviting to Easter? Are you writing/have you written an invitation note to them this week? If you need help with this, ask your LifeGroup to hold you accountable and to ask you next week how it went.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer