42 Days Without Fear
1. Our fears become smaller as God becomes larger in our lives.
• God’s love is so big and faithful it overcomes our fear.
• God’s presence is so big and powerful it shrinks our fear.
• God’s name is so great and awesome it conquers our fear.
• God’s power is so big and strong it annihilates our fear.
2. God becomes larger in our lives as we:
• cry to Him
• trust in Him
• exalt Him
• give to Him
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
What was your earliest memory of fear?
Read Gen. 26:24, Joshua 1:9, Ps. 23:4, Isa. 41:10, Jer. 1:8, John 6:2. Why is the repeated phrase throughout Scripture, that we need not fear because God is with us, so helpful?
Ask God to help you see what fears are controlling your life. Ask Him why you are afraid. Then give Him that fear and ask Him to overcome it.
Is there a fear in your life that is expanding and growing larger? Name it.
Read out loud each of the four sub points under point 1. Which one is most meaningful to your situation right now?
We said in the sermon that “Our fears become smaller as God becomes larger in our lives.” What do you need to do to realize the greatness of God’s power and presence in your life?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God