Jesus Is _______?
Everybody has an opinion about who Jesus is. Most misunderstand Him.
1. Jesus is dangerous and should be silenced
2. Jesus is a commodity that needs to be marketed
3. Jesus is convicting and so is hated
4. Jesus is a good man who should be admired
5. Jesus is a deceiver who should be exposed
6. Jesus is a polarizing figure who reveals what people believe
7. Jesus is
a. the Messiah, the Son of God
b. the Lamb of God who was sacrificed for our sin
Understanding who Jesus is should lead to doing what Jesus says.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
What are the first couple of words that come to your mind to finish the statement:
“Jesus is ______________”?
In the sermon, Pastor Jim said “Jesus can be just as ‘dangerous’ to people who go
to church as He is to those who don’t.” How so?
How are ways we “silence” Jesus when he gets too dangerous?
What are ways you have misunderstood Jesus?
Why is misunderstanding Jesus so hazardous?
Why is viewing “Jesus as a good man to be admired” so treacherous?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic:
Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God