“Living in Strongsville”
2 Timothy 2:1
1. When I’m weak, I need to be reminded of God’s grace.
We’re not only saved by God’s grace, we’re also sustained by God’s grace.
2. When I’m weak, I need to be strengthened by God’s grace.
What does it look like to be strong in my own strength?
What does it look like to be strong in the grace of God?
The only way to get to Strongsville is by taking Grace Avenue.
3. I am weak; I need to keep being strengthened by God’s grace.
Keep feeding on the Word of God
Keep breathing in the Spirit of God
You can live in the strength of God as you learn to access the grace of God.
Your weakness is the platform for God’s strength.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Describe a time in your life when you felt weak and helpless. Or, share a time when you felt strong and invincible. Take your pick; tell your story!
- Read Joshua 1. What similarities are there in God’s message to Joshua and Paul’s to Timothy?
- What do you tend to turn to when you are feeling weak?
- Read 2 Chronicles 17:1-11. What happened here that is a picture of what Paul is charging Timothy to do in the early church?
- Give some specific situational examples of what it looks like in your life to “be strong in your own strength.”
- What would it look like in those same areas to “be strong in the grace of God”?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God