“Known for this”
“this” is for disciples
“this” is about others
“this” is powerful
“this” is it
“this” is a love like Jesus
I am a disciple of Jesus Christ. I am known by loving others just like Jesus.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What is something you were known for growing up (i.e. shy, funny, troublemaker?
- Have someone read John 13:34-35 out loud. First thoughts…What is God saying to you through this passage and/or Sundays message?
- Do you consider yourself a convert or a disciple? What is the difference? How does your answer affect the seriousness of this passage on loving others?
- How are you actively loving people in a way that they know you are a disciple of Jesus?
- Read 1 John 4:19-21. Is there anyone in your life you have continued to remain angry with? According to the passage how has this affected your love for God? What are you going to do about it?
- Practice makes perfect: As a group how many ways can you love one another before you close your time together? Do it!
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Relates with Other-Centered Love/Loving People