No Greater Love
“It is finished”
The debt we are unable to pay.
Jesus died for you
Jesus died as you
To reckon ourselves dead to sin
And alive in Jesus.
Jesus is heavens final answer
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What are your first thoughts from the sermon? What did God speak personally to you from His Word?
- Read 1 Corinthians 2:1-2. Paul was obsessed with knowing and proclaiming Jesus and the power of the cross. When was the last time you talked about the cross? What holds us back?
- How does our belief (or unbelief) that “it is finished” affect the power that sin has over our lives?
- Review what “reckon” means. Have you reckoned yourself dead to sin? Explain you answer.
- The finished work of Jesus means sin has been completely dealt with. It’s finished. Why do so many Christians pray and ask for deliverance from sin? What’s missing?
- CHALLENGE- as a group, go around to each person and name a sin you might be struggling with (pride, anger, anxiety). Then, since that sin is dealt with/finished, ask Jesus what the opposite is. If the sin is anger, identify peace. If it is pride, identify humility. If it’s depression, identify joy. Next, say out loud “Jesus, we thank you that (name the sin) is finished in (name the group member)’s life through the blood of Jesus. It’s dead in Jesus name. Jesus, we thank you for bringing forth (peace, love, joy) in (group member’s name) life.” Conclude your time by encouraging one another to REMEMBER we are dead to sin and ALIVE in Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-Led Servant/Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered