When Jesus Says I Am
Revelation is always an invitation to intimacy.
When Jesus Says I Am:
- He is rooting His identity in his relationship with the Father.
- An intimate relationship with the Father
- A surrendered relationship with the Father
- He is explaining His identity in unmistakable
- Jesus is God’s Son.
- Jesus is God.
- He is revealing His identity as God with us.
- I have been with
- I am with you now.
- I will be with
When Jesus says I Am, I want to get as close as I can.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Did you have a name you were called when you were younger that was painful, embarrassing or mean?
- What kinds of things have you or do you tend to root your identity in?
- Read John 8:55. How well would you say you know God?
- How obedient to God would you say you are?
- What is the connection between intimacy with God and surrender to God?
- Pastor Jim said, “Revelation is always an invitation to intimacy.” What next step of deeper intimacy with God is Jesus inviting you into?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God