“How the Bible Helps Me Grow”
2 Timothy 3:16-17
1. God’s Word is powerful and can change your life
2. God’s Word is practical for every part of your life
for teaching what is right
for rebuking what is right
for correcting to make right
for training to live right
3. God’s Word will prepare you for what God wants to do through your life
God has a purpose for your life
God uses His Word to equip you for His purpose
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Lives
- Do you remember when you got your first Bible? Share with the group when it was, what translation it was and whether or not you read it after you received it.
- Paul states ALL Scripture is “God-breathed.” Do you have doubts about the Bible? (*encourage honesty from your group…this is not the time to “shame” people). What do we do when doubts arise?
- Read 2 Tim. 3:16 as a group in several translations and then review point 2 from the sermon outline noticing the 4 practical ways God uses Scripture to grow us. Choose one and describe how it has changed your life.
- If Scripture is from God and therefore authoritative, why is Pastor Jim always telling us we should question what we read and “bombard the text with questions”? How do questions help us grow as followers?
- Paul states the reason for Scripture in verse 17. What is it? On average, would you say the world see Christians as people who are “thoroughly equipped” to do good and make a difference, or as Bible thumpers judging and shaming people? What needs to change?
- What are trainings and classes about the Bible you would want to attend at Church of the Open Door? Send a quick email to JoAnn@opendoor.tv with some ideas.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Connected to God through the Word and Prayer/Loving God