“Heed the Warnings”
2 Timothy 2:16-19
** WARNING ** WARNING **
Extreme Danger Ahead
#1 Godless Empty Talk
Result: Further Godlessness
#2 Biohazard: Contagion Present
Result: Death and Decay
#3 Abandoning the Truth
Result: Leading Others Astray
#1 God’s Foundation Will Stand
Result: The Lord Knows His People
Result: His People Turn From Wickedness
Will You Reject or Receive the Solid Rock of Christ?
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Role play: You’re at Grand Central Station, NYC waiting for your train. Commuters are all over the place. Like out of a movie, someone smashes a vile of an unknown but infectious disease right in the middle of the crowd…What do you do? What’s going through your mind?
- That’s what happens when you face literal disease, but what about when you face spiritual disease, or spiritual attack? Do you fight and/or flee with the same vigor? Or say…it’s ok, it’s no big deal?
- Is your normal, everyday talk leading people into godliness or into ungodliness? Is it spreading life or death? What are you producing with your words? How do you need to change your words?
- 20 years from now, how do you want people talking about you? What do you want them to say, to think, to remember? Your critical grumblings or your edifying graces?
- Where do we abandon truth (in both subtle ways or overt ways)? How do we train ourselves to live surrendered to the truth especially when that truth flies in the face of the common cultural tides of thinking?
- What do you do when the bible says one thing, but you feel a different way? Do you change what the bible says, ignore that part, explain it away, yield to the teaching, struggle, surrender, or breed apathy??
- What warning do you most need to heed? (Perhaps it’s mentioned here in todays passage or elsewhere in the Bible) How seriously do you take the promises and warnings of God?
CORE Christlike Characteristic: Relates with others-centered love, Connected to God Through Word and Prayer