Freedom: Discovering Your Identity in Christ
Behind every sin is a lie; behind every lie is a fear.
I am not who others say I am, I am who God says I am.
1. I am chosen, predestined, loved, and adopted.
I am freed from the fear of rejection.
I am freed to love God and people.
2. I am redeemed, forgiven, and grace.
I am freed from the fear of inadequacy.
I am freed to give grace to others.
3. I am included, secure, and forever identified as God’s own.
I am freed from the fear of insecurity.
I am freed to trust and be vulnerable.
Real freedom comes when we learn to live in the truth of what God says.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- In the sermon, Pastor Jim said that “Beliefs drive behavior; what we believe influences what we do.” How have you seen this play out in your life?
- How is a person’s money crisis really an identity crisis?
- What is the difference between being in debt and being in bondage to debt?
- How does being freed from the fear of rejection free us to love others?
- What is your biggest, deepest fear?
- What do you struggle with most: lies others might believe about you or the deep lies you believe about yourself?
- What has been your biggest takeaway from this series?
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered