“Follow: Part 2”
1. “Follow me”
Watching, listening, learning, obeying, surrendering
2. “I will make you”
Shaping and forming
Teaching and training
Developing and transforming
3. “Fishers of men”
Change of focus: people
Change of purpose: seek and save the lost
Change of purpose: do what Jesus
Change of activity: becoming like Jesus
As I follow Jesus and learn from Jesus I become more like Jesus.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
1. When did you leave home for good and where did you go? Was that hard for you?
2. Which of these phrases best describes how you are following Jesus:
a. I’m in charge of my life, no one else
b. I want to follow, but I am afraid
c. I’ve been trying to follow, but I get distracted easily
d. I will follow as long as things go the way I want
e. I’m all in! I do whatever he tells me.
3. Which of these phrases best describes the change that has happened in your life:
a. Nothings changed. Same ol, same ol.
b. I seem to take 3 steps forward and 2 steps backward
c. I can see progress and can name multiple areas in my life that Jesus has transformed
d. Jesus has completely revolutionized my life. Everything has changed.
4. Read Luke 9:23. What does it mean to deny myself and take up my cross daily?
5. Surrendering leadership of our life is the hardest thing for many people to do, whereas other people will follow anybody. How has this been worked out in your life?
6. Is there a phrase from questions 2 or 3 that you “wish” described your life, but doesn’t currently? Ask your LifeGroup to pray for you to help you take your next step in following Jesus.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Intentional Evangelism/Loving People