“Everyone but one”
2 Timothy 1:15-18
Abandonment is spiritual, not physical
Abandonment is a plague
Love is the cure
Faithfulness is the formula
Courage is the key
Mercy is the reward
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the teaching to Our Lives:
- Do you have a special letter you’ve kept from a parent, child or friend that means a lot to you? Why did it impact you so much?
- How has the plague of abandonment touched you or your family?
- Paul pointed to Onesiphorus as a model of a faithful friend. Go around the room and share an example of a faithful friend in your life.
- Read Philippians 4:8. List the virtues Paul tells us to think about. Now, discuss how you seen these displayed this week in the world around you.
- How does our thought life and what we meditate on affect our faithfulness?
- Are you a faithful friend? If not, what needs to change?
Application: Who could you write a short, hand written note to this week to encourage and remind them they are known by you and by God? Make a list and hold each other accountable to send them out.
Christ-like Characteristics: Relates with Other-Centered Love. Spirit led Servant.