Freedom: Discovering Your Identity in Christ
We discover the truth of who we are in light of who God is.
We break the bondage of money as we live out the truth of our identity.
Who God Is Who I Am
God is Creator. I am Created.
I have been lovingly created in the image of God.
I’m set free from the lie of having to prove or earn my worth.
I’m set free to discover purpose not pressured to invent it.
God is Owner. I am a Owned.
God has given me the responsibility to manage what He owns.
I’m set free from the lie that money and possessions define my identity.
I’m set free to trust God with what He’s given me.
God is Blesser. I am Blessed.
I am blessed to be a blessing.
I’m set free from the lie that I have to earn God’s favor and blessing.
I’m set free to bless others.
God is a Giver. I am Entrusted.
God entrusts to us what He has created, owns, and/or blessed us with.
God teaches us to trust by entrusting us.
Money is one of God’s best trust training tools.
All of life is about learning to trust God: who He is and what He says.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- What was it like the first time your parents entrusted you to take the car out on your own?
- How have you been tempted to believe any of the 3 lies mentioned in the sermon outline?
- Are you living in the freedom of being set free from them? If so, how?
- How does being a steward instead of an owner change the way you think about your finances?
- Pastor taught us that money is one of God’s best training tools to teach us about trust. Explain why. How’s your “training” going?
- What is one way God is asking you to trust him even more with your finances? As a group spend some time praying for the courage to follow His call.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources/Living Surrendered