DISCIPLE: Jesus’ Plan for Discipleship
“Do ministry as a lifestyle”
Galatians 5:13; Eph. 4:11-12; Luke 4:1-40
- When we hear “do ministry” we typically divide into 3 groups:
a. I don’t think I can do that.
b. I don’t want to do that.
c. I can’t wait to do that.
- We can do ministry once we:
a. Learn what ministry is
Doing ministry is serving others in love.
b. Realize we’ve been called to do ministry
c. See examples of what ministry looks like
Disciples do ministry as a lifestyle.
d. Realize how to do ministry.
- We can do ministry as a lifestyle as we:
a. Learn to live full of the Spirit
b. Learn to live led by the Spirit
c. Learn to live in the power of the Spirit
In order to do ministry like Jesus, we must have the same Spirit as Jesus; we need to learn to breathe.
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- How many words can you think of that have “changed meaning” from what they originally meant?
- Last week, we invited everyone in the group to read God’s Word each day for the 5 days following your LifeGroup meeting. How did you do? What did you learn/discover?
- Excluding church leaders, who are 3 people you know who DO ministry as a lifestyle? How has their example affected your life?
- In which of the 3 categories did you find yourself in point 1?
- What do you think is the biggest thing that keeps followers of Jesus from doing ministry as a lifestyle?
- What are some ways you can think of to help people realize that ministry is the “work of the people” and not just pastors?
- Brainstorm as a group examples of doing ministry in your city, neighborhood and job.
Core CHRISTlike Characteristic: Spirit-led Servant/Living Surrendered