LIVE IT OUT: “Cross I’d”
Following is for followers. Duh!
“Deny yourself” means you can’t handle this.
“Pick up your cross” means to treasure Jesus more than you treasure your life.
When we follow ourselves we deny Jesus.
When we deny ourselves we follow Jesus.
I am the problem. Jesus is the answer.
Christ like characteristics: Relates with other-centered love, Spirit-led servant/Loving People/Living Surrendered.
Life Group Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- Have you ever signed up for something that didn’t turn out to be what you expected? Share it with the group.
- Jesus is explicitly clear on what it takes be his follower and find life. Do you take his words seriously? Why or why not?
- In your own words, what did Jesus mean by “take up your cross”? Why is doing so a necessary part of discipleship?
- How have you tried to handle or ‘manage’ life without Jesus? What has been the result?
- What is your next step (RIGHT NOW!) to Live out the truth of denying yourself, picking up your cross daily and following Jesus?