“Courage to Preach the Truth”
2 Timothy 1:13-14
What was Paul’s legacy?
It takes courage to hold on to the truth
- Follow it
- Remember it
- Keep it
- Possess it
How do we hold on?
In the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus
It takes courage to guard the truth
- Keep watch over it
- Keep it safe
- To take care of it
Why do we guard it?
- Because it is a treasure
- Because it is entrusted to us
How do we guard it?
By the Holy Spirit who dwells in us
LifeGroup Questions: Applying the Teaching to Our Life
- How many generations in your family do you know? Do you have a family motto? Or what would you say the pattern of your family has been?
- How does your family religious history influence your decisions today?
- Read Deuteronomy 31 as a group. What similarities are there with Moses and Joshua that you see in Paul and Timothy? What is each successor being entrusted with?
- What is the “pattern of teaching” your life displays? Is the gospel seen and heard in your daily life? Why or why not?
- What are you guarding? What is your treasure truly? What needs to happen to make Jesus central in your life?
- End your time together calling for the Holy Spirit to move with power in each others lives so that Jesus can be what is most important and for His empowerment to courageously share the Good News in word and action.
Core Christlike Characteristic: Living Surrendered/Spirit-led Servant/Trustworthy Steward of God’s Resources